Scoping and Water Mitigation for Frederick Homes
Detailed Water Mitigation with SERVPRO Gets Results
You may get away with a minor water spill in your home with a few towels or a mop and bucket. But how can you be sure that no moisture ends up under your flooring and cabinets or behind baseboards? SERVPRO wants Frederick property owners to know that there is always a risk of water migrating into tight spaces, which can lead to material degradation or mold growth issues. However, by calling us and having our water restoration technicians (WRT) begin water mitigation, we can halt migration in its tracks and get a jump on the restoration efforts.
Part of the mitigation process in Frederick involves scoping out your property to determine the best equipment and methods to use. We aim to ensure all customers feel at ease, so we always explain each step and how we work on drying contents and building materials. Some common mitigation efforts used with our water removal services include:
- Acknowledging all potential safety hazards
- Installing containment barriers to keep water from moving into unaffected areas
- Determining the level of contamination of the water, i.e., what category
- Begin pulling up water with powerful extractors and pumps
- Carefully placing dehumidifiers and drying equipment to reduce relative humidity (RH)
- Utilizing moisture detectors, sensors, and meters to ensure no moisture gets left behind
Why Do I Need Water Mitigation Services?
Before restoration, proper mitigation must get done to harness the damage. Mitigation focuses on extraction and containment to keep the problem from worsening. Our technicians also address leftover moisture that leaves the chance of mold growth or costly material damage. We are your one-stop for inspection, mitigation, water removal, drying, and restoration. Each project gets tailored to match the needs of your property so we can achieve the best results.
Call SERVPRO of Frederick County at (301) 662-1747, and we can send our Green Fleet to begin water mitigation. We will provide prompt, reliable service so your home or business returns to normal fast.